This position will cross-functionally work with Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, and Product Development. The individual must have strong leadership and project management capabilities in order to drive day to day projects and packaging optimization. They must have a good understanding of flexible and rigid materials and how they relate to packaging equipment and product protection. The individual also requires a proactive mindset that can provide alternative innovative solutions in order to drive business growth.
- Manage and lead packaging projects effectively and professionally to align with key business objectives and ensure product launches are met.
- Influence and negotiate with cross functional team members to implement the optimal consumer package solution.
- Understands the specification system and is able to create & maintain packaging specifications.
- Understands the relationship between package, product and process.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors to identify improvement opportunities for packaging materials and equipment
- Identify and implement cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives
- Communicates implications of material changes to our manufacturing plants and is able to make recommendations with limited guidance
- Trouble shooting issues that arise during line trials and package testing on moderate to low-moderate risk projects with minimal supervision.
- Development of new packaging technologies that are capable of running on existing or new equipment
- Able to develop an implementation plan on a low-moderate risk projects using sound technical methodology
Experience & Qualities:
- Bachelor's Degree in a materials based program required; Bachelor's Degree in Packaging strongly preferred
- 4-8 years minimum of experience in Packaging R&D, Operations, or related field
- Preferred materials knowledge in flexible films, rigid plastics, corrugated, and decorating technologies. Able to develop an implementation plan on a low-moderate risk projects using sound technical methodology
- Proficient in pallet programs-TOPPS or CAPE, specification database management, and MS Office software.
- Food or dairy packaging experience is a plus
High School Education History
College Education History