Manager of Environmental Health & Safety
Ensures Aurora compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to EHS Compliance, as well as the achievement of ON EHS Objectives under the direction of the Director of EHS. Manages and coordinates all Compliance programs and activities at the Aurora Sites and advises the on-site EHS Coordinators at those sites. Leads the development of Aurora Programs, processes, and procedures and ensures their understanding and implementation at all Sites. Provide technical consulting and auditing of the Aurora sites to ensure compliance on an ongoing basis. Act as the main focal point for any Governmental Regulatory inspections for EHS compliance.
- Direct responsibility for EHS Programs and site compliance at Aurora Sites.
- Develop Site Standard Operating Procedures and maintain central files for all Compliance reporting at Aurora Sites
- Provide leadership and support to the Aurora Sites in the development and implementation of the Corporate ON Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System
- Support efforts to fully integrate EHS leadership into the business processes and strategic plans, and ensure monthly reports, statistics, and KPI's are reported on-time to Corporate
- Provide training and technical consulting to the Aurora Sites on an ongoing basis as requested by the Site or as deemed necessary by the Director of EHS to ensure active and compliant management of the EHS affairs at each Site
- Collaborate with the Director of Corporate EHS to achieve global coordination and impact on Optimum Nutrition's worldwide EHS goals and objectives.
- Develop annual Objectives for safety performance for each Site in conjunction with Operations Management.
- Maintain current knowledge of existing and emerging federal and local EHS laws and regulations
- Maintain professional certifications and training requirements needed for the position
Experience & Qualities:
- Experience: 5+ years of industrial experience in a manufacturing with direct management responsibilities for the EHS Compliance function
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Preferred Education: Degree in Occupational H&S, Environmental Sciences or equivalent experience
High School Education History
College Education History