By Lilly Sabri
Staying on track with your health and fitness goals requires way more than simply going to the gym, nutrition plays a key role in this. Many of my followers ask what I eat to stay lean and what my favourite healthy snacks are so I have put together 3 simple and delicious high protein snack ideas using Optimum Nutrition products. Enjoy!
HEALTHY PROTEIN PANCAKES
Serves: 4 pancakes
Prep/Cooking Time: 3 minutes
Flour of your choice - ½ a cup
Coconut Milk (or milk of your choice) - ½ cup
Egg Whites - 2
Chia Seeds - 1 Tbsp.
Superfood Seed Mix - 1 Tbsp. (heaped)
1. Mix flour and a 1/4 cup of coconut milk in a large mixing bowl
2. Add chia seeds and superfoods mix before adding 2 egg whites
3. Whisk until a smooth texture forms
4. Add remainder of coconut milk and whisk
5. Heat 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a small frying pan
6. Once warm (but not steaming), pour mixture to form a pancake
7. Allow to cook until golden brown and flip
8. Serve your pancake with toppings of your choice.
GUILT FREE PROTEIN MACAROONS
Serves: 20 macaroons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Almond Butter - 2 tbsp.
Coconut Flour – 2 tbsp.
Vanilla Extract - 1 tbsp.
Almond Milk - 1 cup
Shredded Coconut - 2 cups
Almond Flakes (optional) - 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Create your macaroon mix by adding the following to a food processor:
- Coconut flour
- Shredded coconut
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey or 100% Plant Protein
3. Blend these ingredients together for a few seconds in the processor, before adding:
- Almond butter
- Almond flakes
- Vanilla extract
4. Again, blend in the food processor until the mixture in combined but still flaky.
5. Slowly add the almond milk to the mixture in parts, intermittently blending to create sticky dough like consistency
6. Using your hands, roll the mixture into approx. 20 small balls and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
(At this point I flatten them down a little to create a macaroon shape)
4. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden and delicious!
Get ready to smell and taste the most delicious guilt free treats
SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE BOWL
Serves: 1 smoothie
Prep Time: 3-5 minutes
Frozen banana – 1
Handful of blueberries & raspberries (can be frozen or fresh)
Chia Seeds - 1 Tbsp.
Oat Milk – 1 cup
Just blend & enjoy!