Five key facts about the benefit of Casein from the brand that first brought Micellar Casein to the market in a convenient format back in 2005 with GOLD STANDARD 100% CASEIN.
- Casein makes up the majority of protein found in milk.
- Whereas whey is a fast digesting protein, casein is slower digesting than whey. Casein & Whey protein complement each other within the protein category.
- The breakdown or digestion process of casein can take up to 8 hours. This is because when casein reaches your stomach it forms a gel-like substance.
- Due to the longer prolonged release of amino acids, casein is recommended for extended timeframes where an individual may be without food such as before going to bed at night or in between meals.
- For those with muscle building goals, taking casein before bed can help provide muscles with a sustained source of amino acids over multiple hours.