Lexa Mendenhall's Recipe for Red Velvet Protein Cheesecake Squares using new Platinum Hydrowhey Red Velvet
For the crust:
For the filling:
- 2 Cups fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 8 oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling. Using a mixer, combine the yogurt and cream cheese until it’s smooth. Next add the egg white, cornstarch, and vanilla until it’s all blended together and set aside.
- When the crust is done baking allow it to cool to room temperature. Once cool, smooth the filling evenly over the crust.
- Allow it to bake an additional 30 minutes.
- After the cheesecake bakes and cools, cover it and allow it to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Once chilled, cut the cheesecake into 9 squares and enjoy!