Protein Fudge Brownies
Makes 12 servings
This is a GREAT way to use leftover sweet potatoes & black beans. The beans and whey protein powder add protein and fibre, the potato adds beta carotene and a hint of sweetness, the coconut oil is full of healthy fats and the cocoa gives this recipe a boost of antioxidants. A great mid-day power snack or post workout recovery!Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups cooked Canned low-sodium (drained) black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked Mashed sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin, Organic Coconut Oil
- 10 Large Medjool dates, pitted & chopped small
- 1 Scoop ON Gold Standard Whey Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Gluten-free flour mix
- ½ cup Cocoa
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly oil an 8'' x 8'' glass baking dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine black beans, sweet
potatoes, coconut oil, dates, applesauce & vanilla. Puree.
- In large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt. Stir in wet ingredients to blend well; batter will be thick. Taste & adjust sweetening (if you prefer add 2tbs of honey). Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish & bake until set (approx. 40 mins). Let cool then carefully turn out of pan. Cut into 12 squares & serve.
6 g fat
27 g carb
7 g protein