Meet Kim Ingleby: Gold Standard Personal Trainer Winner
2017 Gold Standard Fitness Awards Winner - Kim Ingleby - Mind & Body Coach
Kim Ingleby, also known as The Mind Body Coach is passionate about helping individuals reach their potential. As Optimum Nutrition’s latest Gold Standard Personal Trainer, her ability to achieve client results has been described as literally life-changing.
She founded Energised Performance, a complete mind and body company. She works with a wide range of clients, from 14-90 years old who have fitness, sports, work and life goals. She helps them to realise their full potential, overcome fears, grow their confidence, improve fitness and wellbeing and live their life fully. Her clients range from complex GP referral cases and body confidence, endurance and outdoor sports, to Team GB athletes, celebrities, entrepreneurs and charity challenges. Kim runs her business through a variety of channels, coaching people all over the world using Skype, workshops, keynotes and bespoke 1-to-1 coaching.
Her approach is unique, combining personal training with sports therapy, NLP, DNA testing & nutritional therapy to give people a proven mind and body approach. This has proven to enhance not only fitness, but life and overall confidence for her clients.
Having successfully helped many clients, and raising over £80,000 for charity along the way, we asked Kim her best advice to get in the Gold Standard Zone. Here are her top tips:
- Understand what your motivation is as to why you want to achieve your goals. By writing this down and understanding why your goal really matters to you, is key to committing and making it happen.
- Spend a little time highlighting any fears, limiting habits or doubts to achieving your goals. Once you have identified these, come up with strategies to overcome each one.
- Surround yourself with 2-5 people who really believe in you, and will hold you accountable to making your goals happen. Often, it’s about changing daily lifestyle habits and internal thoughts, so sharing with a few people will help keep you on track.
- Finally, believe in yourself, celebrate the tiny steps of progress. Don’t worry if you need rest or ‘miss’ a day, it’s a lifestyle change, and you can do this!
As a successful fitness professional, we asked Kim, what advice she would give to those wanting to succeed in the industry:
- Like any business, working in the industry is hard work. My advice would be to make sure you are clear that fitness is your personal and professional passion, so you are clear on what your purpose is.
- Define the areas and types of people you want to work and specialise with.
- Get yourself a great mentor or coach to help support your journey.
- Keep learning, support and value your clients, yet keep a clear boundary on your own self-care and wellbeing as you need to be your best for you and your business (tough I know, but I mentor many trainers who end up suffering from burnout & low confidence).
- Allow yourself to switch off and have some relaxation time.
Kim Ingleby is the 2017 Gold Standard Personal Trainer of the Year. Her favourite Optimum Nutrition product is the Plant Based Protein, with added BCAAs and Vitamin C. “It’s the purest, highest protein Vegan blend I have used and the results have been noticeable. I would highly recommend this, along with their ZMA for optimal sleep recovery. I really rate the Pro BCAA with Glutamine & Bioflavonoids, it has no added caffeine (which I like) and is a perfect blend for optimising key training sessions.”