High Protein Meals Burn More Fat

A number of studies have shown that high-protein foods support weight management by making you feel full longer. Many nutrition professionals count satiety as a crucial component of any dieting effort. As it turns out, another protein benefit may also be at work here.

Research published in the journal Nutrition & Dietetics found that protein can also help overweight individuals burn more fat. By and large, heavier people burn less fat after a meal than their normal weight counterparts. But consuming a high protein meal with a third of the calories coming from low-fat dairy, lean meats and eggs narrowed this disparity, helping overweight people burn more fat.

The Bigger Picture: The effort to lose weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Keeping it off, on the other hand, is 90% exercise and 10% diet. By the time you've lost the weight you know how to eat right. The trick is to stay motivated and getting to the gym 3 or 4 times every week.
Leave a Comment