Life-Long Returns On Exercise

The value of exercise isn't limited to cardiovascular and weight management benefits. According to research conducted at Sweden's University of Gothenburg, active children and teens exhibit greater bone density and size much later in life when compared to relatively inactive people. About 3,200 male subjects had their bones examined and physical activity levels mapped. The bone health built up from athletic endeavors practiced at least three times a week between the ages of 10 and 30 were still evident in 500 randomly selected 75 year old men.

True Strength Moment: Although this research did not factor in the influence of a balanced diet, dedicating yourself to eating right and exercising regularly is almost certain to pay dividends that extend well beyond bone health. You don't always have to eat clean to be considered a clean eater. Use the 80/20 rule and treat yourself to comfort food 20% of the time. The other 80% should carry you through.
Leave a Comment