If you’re looking for new on-the-go snack ideas, we’ve got the recipe for you! These High Protein Energy Bites are so easy to make (no blending required) and they taste just like a peanut butter cookie. With 5 grams of protein per bite, they are perfect for fueling even the busiest of days!
- ½ cup (40g) quick oats
- 1 ½ rounded scoops (44g) Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (92g) natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (85g) honey
- 1 teaspoon fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (28g) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (we used “Nestle Toll House”)
- Mix the first four ingredients (oats, protein powder, cinnamon, salt) together in a medium mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients (peanut butter, honey, milk, and vanilla) and stir well with a fork or spatula. The dough will be thick!
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Use a spoon to scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll between your palms to form a ball. You should have a total of 12 energy bites.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before enjoying. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can use almost any flavor of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey protein powder. Our favorites for these energy bites are vanilla, chocolate, or mocha cappuccino.
- You can also substitute maple syrup or agave nectar for the honey (macros will vary slightly.)
- The dough should be relatively dry and thick. If it’s so dry that it’s not coming together into cohesive balls, add an extra teaspoon of milk.