Kate Osman's Protein Birthday Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Makes 8 Cupcakes)
- 1 Scoop Gold Standard 100% Whey Birthday Cake
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup granulated zero calorie Stevia sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup 0 fat Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Scoops Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Birthday Cake
- 16g. Sugar Free Jello Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 4oz of Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp zero calorie stevia
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Heat Oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan and spray the inside with cooking spray. In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients with a hand mixer on medium for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low until completely mixed and smooth.
- Distribute evenly into cupcake pan and bake in pre-heated oven for approx. 18 minutes. To check the center of the cupcake - insert a tooth pick into the middle, if it comes out clean it’s ready! Let cupcakes cool COMPLETELY before frosting! The icing will melt off if they are not cool.
- Mix icing ingredients with a handheld mixer for 3-4 minutes until smooth. Refrigerate until cupcakes are completely cooled.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, spread icing on the top, decorate with sprinkles, and enjoy!
Recipe Makes: 8 Cupcakes